Thursday, June 2, 2011

My first letter

Today I was near tears and felt that I needed courage so I wrote a letter to someone who needs courage.  I want to re-write it to clean up my whorerendous spelling errors.  It is only a page handwritten, but it took me a long time to write it.  By the end I felt that I really went on a journey with the letter.  I was near tears, then found a sense of calm that seemed odd and finally I felt moved to action, even if it was a small action.  I hope that whoever eventually finds this letter needs it and also goes through a journey all their own. 

Another inspiration for this project comes from reading Craigslist posts in the missed connections, casual encounters, and misc romance sections.  While most of it is rather lewd (seriously, no one wants to see your dick pics), every now and then there is a very touching post.  Here is one I liked so much that I saved it:

"Snow Dreams of an Amazon Cougar Mama - w4m - 47
She dreams of someone she's never encountered before. It's a fluke he's answering this ad, but most likely the catalyst was weather related mind wandering. This guy can really appreciate her, like no man ever has. She's not easily categorizable, and that makes other guys refuse the challenge before it ever begins. He isn't daunted, but rather excited at the prospect. Her physicality turns him on, she's as tall as he is, or very close to it (with that mane of hair she's nearly six feet tall). Long strong legs, pretty toes, lush bottom, strong arms, big smoldering eyes, soft skin, tempting full lips....mmm). His physicality turns her on...strong, healthy, younger, tall, gleaming eyes, his intellect and wit reflecting in them. Looking at him makes her want to grab and devour, lick, smell and savor.

He comes over to her den on a special evening when their times collide, and he takes in all that her pleasure den offers...massage, a hot soak, complete relaxation, beautiful music, soft lights, a fire flickering nearby. A certain kind of melting takes place. There is no awkwardness or wondering or weirdness...it's all about comfort on more than just the physical level...it feels right for both of them to be there...not just for the moment...but for many moments beyond. This is the beginning. This is the dream."

I find that when you are lonely (and not just sexually) that there is a place where you can see that other people are in the same position (again not just sexually).  That is what I hope to do with these letters.  Sure there may be more efficient ways of doing this and there is no guarantee that anyone who needs it will get access to these letters.  However, there is no guarantee that anyone would respond to your CL post.  For me the possibility for that level of pathos is enough to begin looking like art.

-Letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment